At its special council meeting that was held on 12 March 2020, the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Sector Council (the ICT Council) elected Councillor (Cllr) Andile Tlhoaele as chairperson and Cllr Zukiswa Nzo as deputy chairperson. The ICT Council also elected chairpersons of the six sub-committees of the ICT Council.
The election of the chairperson, deputy chairperson and chairpersons of the six sub-committees of the ICT Council comes after the decision by Honourable Ms Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies to appoint 22 individuals as members of the ICT Council. The appointment of members of the ICT Council is effective from 1 February 2020 to 31 January 2024.
The appointed councillors were drawn from various stakeholders who responded to the call for nominations issued by the Honourable Minister in September 2019.
The following councillors now constitute the Second Term of the ICT Council;
- Cllr Andile Tlhoaele (Chairperson)
- Cllr Zukiswa Nzo (Deputy Chair)
- Cllr Sarah-Jane Capazario
- Cllr William Ledwaba
- Cllr Tshepi Lesiba
- Cllr Stefani Lockman
- Cllr Lynda Marthinus
- Cllr Kganki Matabane
- Cllr Trevor Msimang
- Cllr Siyabonga Msweli
- Cllr Ndiyakholwa Ngqulu
- Cllr Nombulelo Ntloko
- Cllr Delton Nxumalo
- Cllr Matsebe Phasha
- Cllr Dimakatso Qocha
- Cllr Natasha Reuben
- Cllr Suzan Seabi
- Cllr Sonwabise Sebata
- Cllr Shumikazi Sontange
- Cllr Minki Thulo
- Cllr Thulani Tshefuta
- Cllr Hendrina Williams
The ICT Council is responsible for developing, reviewing and publishing the B-BBEE ICT Sector Code (ICT Code). The ICT Council is also mandated to monitor the implementation the ICT Code and report progress to Honourable Ms Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies, President Cyril Ramaphosa’s Advisory Council on BEE; BEE Commissioner Ms Zodwa Ntuli; Minister of Trade & Industry Mr Ebrahim Patel and stakeholders in the ICT sector.
The ICT Council functions through six Sub-Committees and a chief executive officer who acts as the Secretariat. The elected six chairpersons are;
- Cllr Zukiswa Nzo – Chairperson, Executive Committee of the ICT Council. The Executive Committee comprises the six chairpersons of the Sub-Committees of the ICT Council.
- Cllr Thulane Tshefuta – Chairperson, Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Sub-Committee
- Cllr Trevor Msimang – Guidance and Monitoring Committee Sub-Committee
- Cllr Sarah-Jane Capazario – Review & Amendment Sub-Committee
- Cllr Stefani Lockman – Strategy, Governance, Risk Sub-Committee
- Cllr Suzan Seabe – Finance Sub-Committee
For enquiries on the ICT Council contact Mr Adrian Schofield, Acting CEO of the ICT Council.